Man Gets More Than He Paid For Or Wanted After Eating This

November 26, 2019
1874 Views

Chefs and even home cooks have to know what they are doing when it comes to cooking meats and preparing foods, otherwise, they can easily give someone food poisoning or worse. Chinese man, Zhu Zhongfa, 43, learned the hard way about how important it is to thoroughly cook your pork. After he ate some undercooked pork he started having seizures and lost consciousness. It turned out his pork was tainted with Taenia solium, a parasitic tapeworm. The tapeworm eggs hatched and quickly spread throughout Zhongfa’s chest and brain.

Different patients respond [differently] to the infection depending on where the parasites occupy,” Dr. Huang Jianrong, Zhongfa’s doctor at Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University School of Medicine, told AsiaWire. “In this case, he had seizures and lost consciousness, but others with cysts in their lungs might cough a lot.”

Jianrong explained that the larvae entered Zhongfa’s body through the digestive system and traveled upward through his bloodstream. He was officially diagnosed with cysticercosis and neurocysticercosis, and given an antiparasitic drug and other medications to protect his organs from further damage, according to AsiaWire.

Jianrong said his patient is doing well after one week, but the long-term effects from the massive infestation are unclear.”

But this all could have been avoided if the meat was properly cooked. The CDC had more to say about this type of infestation.

Humans are the only hosts for these Taenia tapeworms. Humans pass the tapeworm segments and/or eggs in feces and contaminate the soil in areas where sanitation is poor. Taenia eggs can survive in a moist environment and remain infective for days to months. Cows and pigs become infected after feeding in areas that are contaminated with Taenia eggs from human feces. Once inside the cow or pig, the Taenia eggs hatch in the animal’s intestine and migrate to striated muscle to develop into cysticerci, causing a disease known as cysticercosis (a parasitic tissue infection). Cysticerci can survive for several years in animal muscle. Humans become infected with tapeworms when they eat raw or undercooked beef or pork containing infective cysticerci. Once inside humans, Taenia cysticerci migrate to the small intestine and mature to adult tapeworms, which produce segments and eggs that are passed in feces.”

So this would be a fair warning to those traveling abroad to make sure your meat is properly cooked. Especially in countries that are not as hygienic and these days the same rule might also apply to the state of California.

You may be interested

Melania Trump Explains The Difference Between An Activist And Her Son
News For You
4806 views
News For You
4806 views

Melania Trump Explains The Difference Between An Activist And Her Son

Simon Daily - December 15, 2019

Dems don't seem to understand the difference between Barron Trump and Greta Thunberg. Thunberg is an activist making speeches to…

Jill Biden Claims Trump Is Afraid Of Joe
News For You
2898 views
News For You
2898 views

Jill Biden Claims Trump Is Afraid Of Joe

Simon Daily - December 15, 2019

Dem Presidential Candidate Joe Biden is out campaigning again and this time it appears he brought his wife along to…

Alan Dershowitz Claims The SCOTUS Practically Ruined The Dem’s Case For Impeachment
News For You
7389 views
News For You
7389 views

Alan Dershowitz Claims The SCOTUS Practically Ruined The Dem’s Case For Impeachment

Simon Daily - December 15, 2019

The Dems have pushed forth two articles of impeachment: abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. Alan Dershowitz claims that…