Watch: Right-Wing Group Exposes Just How CLUELESS UCLA Students Really Are
PragerU, short for Prager University, is an American non-profit organization that creates videos on various political, economic and philosophical topics from a conservative or right-wing perspective. The videos are posted on YouTube and usually feature a speaker who lectures for about five minutes.
Sometimes, such as in this case, PragerU just destroys liberals completely and exposes their backward, often misinformed, way of thinking…
On Wednesday, PragerU uploaded a video in which Will Witt asks students at UCLA about the minimum wage. When Witt asked how high the minimum wage should be, the answers from students ranged from $15 an hour to $25 an hour.
As Witt continued to suggest further increases, going as high as $45 an hour, one student asked: “Where do you draw the line? That’s the question.” He then agreed to $45.
Apparently, they aren’t teaching basic economics at UCLA. There seem to be more than a few well-publicised issues that these students aren’t even aware of.
Like, who picks up that tab? Here are a few more significant CONS that need to be considered:
- In companies with a fixed compensation budget, an increase to the minimum wage could result in layoffs or slower hiring.
- Employers might hire fewer workers in the entry-level jobs needed to begin a career.
- An increase to the minimum wage would provide an incentive for employers to invest in automated processes, technology, and machinery to increase productivity rather than human resources.
- Raises the incentive for companies to outsource labor to countries where minimum wage rates are lower.
- A higher minimum wage could result in an increase of the high school dropout rate.
- Prices might be increased to offset higher labor costs.
- For small companies, already stressed owner/operators might take on more responsibility.
- Wages for higher paid workers might be suppressed, and salary increases might be lower for those not impacted by a higher minimum wage.
But nevermind something as sensible as research, right? Just throw money at the problem, at the cost of small businesses and consumers. Even though, there is absolutely no evidence that increasing wages will help eliminate issues, like poverty. That’s liberal logic in a nutshell.
As Reported By Salary:
Iincreasing the minimum wage has not proven to be effective at lowering the poverty rate, according to the business-backed nonprofit Employment Policies Institute.
“Multiple studies have demonstrated little to no relationship between a higher minimum wage and reductions in poverty,” the institute says, in a policy brief.
You may be interested
Melania Trump Explains The Difference Between An Activist And Her SonSimon Daily - December 15, 2019
Dems don't seem to understand the difference between Barron Trump and Greta Thunberg. Thunberg is an activist making speeches to…
Jill Biden Claims Trump Is Afraid Of JoeSimon Daily - December 15, 2019
Dem Presidential Candidate Joe Biden is out campaigning again and this time it appears he brought his wife along to…
Alan Dershowitz Claims The SCOTUS Practically Ruined The Dem’s Case For ImpeachmentSimon Daily - December 15, 2019
The Dems have pushed forth two articles of impeachment: abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. Alan Dershowitz claims that…