“Over the span of 69 years of American history and 12 presidencies, President Barack Obama finds himself with President George W. Bush at the bottom of the popularity barrel,” said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.
Of course, Obama and Bush are the most recent presidents; historians will tell you that it takes decades to truly measure an individual president’s performance.
The rest of the ranking went as follows:
2. Bill Clinton – 18%
3. John F. Kennedy – 15%
4. Barack Obama – 8%
5. Dwight D. Eisenhower – 5%
6. Harry S. Truman – 4% 7. George H.W. Bush – 3% *Tie 7. Lyndon B. Johnson – 3% *Tie
9. Jimmy Carter – 2% 10. George W. Bush – 1% *Tie 10. Richard Nixon – 1% *Tie 10. Gerald Ford – 1% *Tie
The thing I love best about those results is that Barack Obama only received 8% of the votes for best President.
Now let’s move on to the worst Presidents. Take your guess now…
According to the poll, Barack Hussein Obama himself was voted as the worst President since WWII coming in at 33%!
I love it!
The rest of the ranking went as follows
2. George W. Bush – 28%
3. Richard Nixon – 13%
4. Jimmy Carter – 8% 5. Lyndon B. Johnson – 3% *Tie 5. Bill Clinton – 3% *Tie 5. Ronald Reagan – 3% *Tie 8. Gerald Ford – 2% *Tie 8. George H.W. Bush – 2% *Tie
10. Dwight D. Eisenhower – 1% 11. Harry Truman – 0% *Tie 11. John F. Kennedy – 0% *Tie
Beyond the post World War II era there are a number of things that could be considered for rating one as the worst President in US history.
Typically, James Buchanan, our 15th President is voted as the worst President ever.
While a clash between the northern and southern states over slavery was coming to a head, James Buchanan didn’t want to face it. He dithered and ducked and tried to have it both ways. Then after the Panic of 1857 threw the U.S. into recession, Buchanan announced he would not seek reelection. The country spiraled into civil war as he headed out of office.