VIDEO: California Father Attacked in Jacuzzi During TikTok Stunt; Two Teens Arrested

VIDEO: California Father Attacked in Jacuzzi During TikTok Stunt; Two Teens Arrested

Greg Medina was trying to unwind after a long day at work when the attack began. The 48-year-old San Bernardino chef was relaxing in his jacuzzi when two teenagers reportedly approached from behind and assaulted him.

According to reports from NBC Los Angeles and KTLA, one of the youths kicked Medina hard in the back of the head. The other grabbed his phone. The pair then ran away.

KTLA shared footage of the attack on Friday. Police described the incident as completely random and unprovoked. Medina later learned that the teens had been attempting to record something for TikTok when they attacked him.

Medina works as a chef for Lutheran Social Services, a nonprofit where he has spent more than a year helping feed homeless people. The assault left him with a concussion and sent him to the emergency room.

The injuries have not gone away. Medina said he continues to experience dizziness and headaches, and doctors diagnosed him with post-concussion disorder.

“I’ve been having a lot of dizzy spells, headaches, and got diagnosed with post-concussion disorder,” Medina told KTLA.

The attack has also caused a financial hit. Medina is the sole provider for his 12-year-old daughter. Because of his recovery, he has had to miss work and lose income.

Both suspects are 13 years old. They were arrested on felony charges after their parents turned them in on Friday.

One of the fathers contacted Medina and told him that his son was involved. Medina later met with both teenagers, their fathers, and other family members at the jail.

The boys apologized. Medina shook their hands and chose to forgive them, even after the violent and deeply personal attack.

“They apologized to me, and we shared an embrace and a hug and told them I forgive them,” Medina told KTLA.

He also said he does not hate the teenagers and believes they need help.

“They apologized to me. I don’t hate them. These are two young men that need help.”

WATCH:

The case leaves Medina dealing with physical pain, missed work, and the responsibility of supporting his daughter. It also highlights how quickly a stunt filmed for social media can turn into a serious criminal case with real consequences for the victim.

Send this to a friend