El Paso, Texas: Ana Cardenas said she felt water dripping on her face from the ceiling fan above her bed in her apartment. Cardenas said she got up to turn on the light only to discover what she believed to be water was really blood. That’s when the woman says she called 911.
“It grossed me out, I was in shock, I thought this isn’t real this is a dream, wake up. I called maintenance and they said are you sure and I said blood is falling on me,” Cardenas said in a translation from Spanish.
The ceiling fan splattered blood on everything. Cardenas’ face, hair, the walls, and furniture. The El Paso resident said it pooled on her mattress and essentially ruined everything in her room.
“They took my fan down and a pool of blood came pouring down,” Cardenas told KTSM.
Firefighters said they discovered the body of an older man (somewhere between 55-70 years of age) laying directly above Cardenas’s bed in the apartment above. As of right now, authorities say that he died of natural causes but believe that he passed a week earlier due to the decomposition of the man’s body.
Cardenas says that the Cielo Vista Apartments told her she is on her own. When she contacted management about the damages in her home, Cardenas says they refused to add them to the insurance claim.
The ceiling in her bedroom was completely gutted and reports show that management sterilized the area but a reporter on the scene couldn’t help but comment about how bad it smelled.
Cardenas said she is traumatized and can’t eat, sleep or be in peace since the incident. She also said she wants a medical exam to ensure she doesn’t have an infection, according to WGN9.